Thursday, December 4, 2008














Well I had my first appointment with the high risk doc yesterday! They did a detailed ultrasound first and everything went wonderfully! They checked both hearts and there were 4 chambers in both! There is 20 fingers and 20 toes and they're faces, heads and bellies all looked good! The amniotic fluid is right where it should be and they're umbilical cords look good too! And they actually got to see the sex of the babies! One is a boy, which is down lower (first to come out) and the other is a girl, which is up higher! We are so unbelievably excited and so blessed to have these babies doing well so far! They couldn't get a detailed heart reading because they are still too small, but the heartbeat is strong! I was so scared going in there yesterday, I don't know why, but I prepared myself for the worst and my how God comes through and calmes your nerves and gives you grace in hard times! All praise to the good Lord for getting us this far and we will continue to pray for the health and welfare of these babies until He decides He's ready for them to be born!
I still have a long way to go! They are praying I get to 28 weeks and of course farther than that! But at 28 weeks is when they'll put me on bedrest. I'm certainly hoping that 'bedrest' means just not working and taking it easy, because Troy leaves in January for about 2 months for OCS school and I am worried I won't be able to take care of Kaylin. These are the times I wish for family that lived nearby! But God has gotten us this far and He'll carry us the rest of the way!
All for now....
Love love love~

1 comment:

Kayce said...

Aww, you look so cute Whitney!! I am so glad that the twins are doing so good. When the dr. put me on bed rest the first time I was working full time and he told me to drop to part time and when I was home to rest and not clean the house, stand up for too long, things like that. When I went back two weeks later they put me on full bed rest and wanted me to go as far as have Sam make my lunch and put it in a cooler next to the bed. The only time I was supposed to get out of bed was to go to the bathroom. (That didn't happen!) I was had the twins at 35 weeks. Good luck and let me know if you need anything!!!